Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Flower Show and laziness!

Lalbagh! That was the place I wanted to go this Weekend. Ever since the "famous" flower show was opened for public I was planning to see the delightful flowers in variety! I kept on postponing till the last day and I couldn't make it to the show, finally.

Today I read in the newspaper that just on 15th August, 1 lakh people visited lalbagh, highest number in the past ten years! A console in itself! I wanted to see flowers in lakhs and crores but not worry about the growing population of India! I consoled myself!

But, the true reason for not going was "laziness" which in Hindi is well said "chupaake bhi chupaaya nahi jaata". Why are we so lazy? We would like to sit and watch TV and wile away our time but not go out and watch the wonderful nature? A cricket match is more important than a small evening stroll in the mother nature's lap. The smallest of small things have taken to our laziness. Pity us, we talk and talk about the health hazards!

We find it very easy to blame the environment we live in, the pressure at work and what not. But wouldn't take a small step towards being "physically active". Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home